Setting goals for the new year is a great way to create focus and foster grit. One easy way to do this is to have your students pick a word that they want to focus on for the year. Then, they can write about steps they want to take to implement their words and reach their goals.
This freebie also makes a great bulletin board display!
- What’s My Word free download
- crayons or colored pencils
- dictionary or thesaurus
- Print out the What’s My Word front to back.
- Have students research what word they want to use. They can use a dictionary or thesaurus.
- Have students write their word in big, bold letters on the front side in the empty box. Then, they can fill out why they chose the word and what steps they want to achieve their goals/vision associated with that word.
Download your free template here or by clicking on any of the pictures.