This a cute and easy art project that you can display all month long!
This Christmas art project is also a great jumping-off point when talking about perspective.
- tree templates
- black paper (construction paper or cardstock)
- crayons or colored pencils
- Print out the tree template you wish to use.
- Have students color the tree and background. They can create the illusion that they are looking into a room or outside depending on how they color the background. If they want to appear like they are looking inside a room, have them color the background yellow (for light.) If they want to appear like they are looking outside, have them color the background dark blue or black.
- Cut out 5 strips of black paper per student. Make the paper 0.5-0.75 inches thick. (I used 0.75 inches thick in my example photos.)
- Glue the strips onto the paper like a window frame. Cut off any excess.
You can then have them displayed on a bulletin board or wall all month long.